( SERVES 6 )
This is so simple to throw together and you can pick and choose the vegetables. It’s even tastier the next day. Add some shredded meat or crispy bacon bits to make it a main meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Penne pasta, or spiral pasta|
|½||Red onion, finely sliced|
|1 bunch||Asparagus, or snow peas, blanched and sliced|
|¼ cup||Sesame seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (optional)|
|1 bunch||Fresh mint, shredded|
|½ cup||Mayonnaise, thick|
|1||Lemon, or 2 lime, juice and zest|
|1||Garlic cloves, small, finely chopped|
|½ tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet, then drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine diced vegetables, toasted seeds (if using) and mint.
- Toss with the cooled pasta.
- In a jar, combine the mayonnaise, juice and zest, garlic, mustard and season.
- Toss through the pasta and veges. Chill until required.