Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
( SERVES 8 )
A variation on the traditional pumpkin pie. It can be made up to two days in advance. For a gluten-free version, use gluten free-biscuits in place of the digestives.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|850 g||Pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|500 g||Cream cheese|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|½ tsp||Ground cloves|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste, or pure vanilla essence|
|2 tbsp||Plain flour, or rice flour|
- Lightly grease a 23cm springform cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits finely. Place in a bowl with the sugar, orange rind and melted butter.
- Stir well and press on to the base of the cake pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam or microwave the pumpkin until tender. The pumpkin should be dry, not moist. Mash well. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degC.
- Beat the cream cheese and ricotta, until smooth.
- Beat in the cold pumpkin, eggs, orange juice, sugar, spices, vanilla and flour.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours until just set.
- Cool then refrigerate until well chilled.
- Excellent served with whipped cream and fresh berries.