Crispy salmon with grilled asparagus and vanilla bearnaise
( SERVES 4 )
Looking for a new way to cook salmon? This recipe for delicious crispy fish will leave you hungry for more
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 fillets||Boneless salmon fillets, each 200g, skin on|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt flakes|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|½ cup||White wine|
|2 tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Shallot, finely chopped|
|2||Black peppercorns, crushed|
|1||Vanilla pod, use the scraped-out grains of the pod|
|1 tbsp||Tarragon leaves|
|3||Eggs, yolks only|
|190 g||Butter, melted|
- Heat two pans - one a fry pan and one a grill pan. Pour one tablespoon of olive oil into grill pan and two tablespoons into the frying pan.
- When hot, put the asparagus into the grill pan and turn down to a medium heat, season and cook for 8 minutes, turning frequently.
- Put salmon, skin side down into the fry pan and leave for 4-5 minutes until the skin becomes crispy.
- Season, then turn over and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Serve with vanilla bearnaise poured over.
- Put all the ingredients, except the eggs and butter, in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- With a beater or whisk, beat in the egg yolks one by one, alternating with the hot melted butter.
- Keep beating continuously until all has been added. The sauce should be smooth and thick, and makes one and a quarter cups.