Southeast Asian chicken, bean and potato curry
( SERVES 4 )
Everyone who has tried this curry has said it’s one of the best they’ve ever had. It’s also dead easy to make.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook shallots and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, curry paste, brown sugar and 1–2 Tbsp of the coconut cream.
- Cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon so the paste does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining coconut cream and continue to cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, potatoes and chicken.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15–20 minutes until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir curry occasionally while cooking. Add beans in the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish curry with coriander.
- Serve in a large bowl for everyone to help themselves with a salad of cucumber and tomato and some steamed rice.