Tunisian eggs with tomatoes, harissa and red peppers
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Skin tomatoes, then chop coarsely.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add peppers and cook for 10 minutes until wilted.
- Add garlic, harissa and cumin, cook for a minute, then add tomatoes and olives.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes have wilted. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Make four indentations in the pepper and tomato sauce.
- Break eggs one at a time into a ramekin and transfer them into the hollows.
- Season with ¼ of a tsp of salt and black pepper to taste and cover with a lid.
- Cook for several minutes until egg whites are just set but yolks are not yet firm (or cook eggs to your liking).
- Take to the table in the pan and serve immediately on heated plates with hot buttered toast.